With the onset of winter, comfort food comes to mind; and what’s better than a bowl full of creamy pumpkin soup with a dollop of butter on top. I also love dunking crispy garlic bread in my soulful bowl. This soup is packed with goodness of health and is very easy to make. It takes about 20 minutes to cook.
- 1 kg pumpkin, chopped into medium-sized chunks (please remove skin and seeds)
- 3 small onions, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic (I love garlic)
- 500 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- Salt, pepper and oregano
- Mix all ingredients except salt, pepper and oregano in a heavy-base saucepan and bring it to boil. Make sure the gas is on low flame; let it simmer till pumpkin is soft and tender.
- Take the concoction off the gas; let it cool for a while. Now use a blender and blend until you get a nice, thick puree. I like my soup thick.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and oregano according to your taste and add a dollop of butter to it.