Aloe Vera happens to be my go-to solution for sunburn problems. With its multi-beneficial properties, this plant is much more than just a mere house decorative. Its succulent, jaggy leaves infused with clear gel works magically on sunburns, bug bites and many other skin irritations. Today I will tell you guys, how to whip up your very own Aloe lotion at home. Sounds luxurious, doesn’t it? I bet, once you start using this homemade lotion, you will never want to buy a branded one from that drugstore again!
- Fresh Aloe Vera gel
- Extra-virgin coconut oil
- Essential oils of your choice (it is optional; but I love using lavender or sandalwood oil)
- A mixing bowl
- A blender
- A whisker
- A glass container for storing
- Scoop out all the gel from two thick Aloe Vera leaves and blend it well
- Now pour half a cup of extra-virgin coconut oil in a bowl
- Add the blended Aloe Vera gel to this
- Start whisking the concoction with a hand whisker for about 15 minutes, until you get a cottony, frosting-like consistency
- Add a few drops of essential oil if you like, and mix well
- And your magic lotion is ready
- Transfer your whipped cream into a glass container and store it in the refrigerator. It will last you for a month
Rub it all over your body before sleeping, turn the AC on and allow the moisture to lock into your skin. Happy Pampering!