Bridal season is not just about the cosy weather, sunbathing, and brunches with the girls; it is also about skin dehydration, wrinkles, complexion issues, dullness, tanning, dandruff, hair fall,& more. Now, you must be wondering, what’s an easy way out for all these winter woes?
Well, to begin with – would-be-brides mostly suffer from anxieties, mood swings, sleep disorders, irregular diet syndromes, and many other unwarranted thoughts about – bridal looks, skin and body care, beauty regimen, choice of makeup, et al. Now, did you know all these stress effect our endocrinal system and create imbalance in hormonal secretions; thereby having profound effect on our skin and body?
This is so very important for the ‘to-be-bride’ to be free from such anxieties and enjoy this once in a lifetime occasion! Do have a few sessions with beauty counsellors, and also opt for natural therapies like yoga, pranayama, & etc. to remain fresh and jolly.
Beauty Routine For Brides
- Use mild face wash (Aloe Vera for Dry Skin or Neem & Tulsi for Oily-to-Normal skin) at least twice a day.
- Always apply Aloe Vera based skin toner after every face cleansing.
- Use mild sunscreen with SPF 15-20 preferably with relaxing and calming aroma oils like jasmine, motia, ylang-ylang, and rose.
- Opt for facials like – aroma facials with gold, diamond, Aloe Vera, saffron & sandalwood. Also, skin lifting therapies are recommended too.
- Never use hard scrubs like walnut, which may make your skin sensitive and allergic. Scrub beads with Jojoba Oil, wheat germ oil and vitamin A are highly suitable.
Expert Beauty Tips For Brides
- If the bride suffers from skin allergies and skin rashes like a pimple, acne, etc – she may prepare a spray bottle with 2 drops each of Tea Tree oil and Patchouli Oil with 250 ml water and after thorough shaking, apply this spray on your face at least twice a day; this shall make your skin flawless on your D-day.
- Taking Aroma Steam with Basil or Eucalyptus oil in the daytime relieves congested muscles, tissues and tones them and also helps in Sinus disorders.
- Create your own Room Aroma before going to bed with one drop of either jasmine, Lavender or Sandalwood oils either thru diffuser, candle or putting the drop on the pillow.
- If you are having a work schedule, which requires high concentration, use Basil, Lavender and Lemon Grass Aroma Oils (One drop each mixed together) and spray in the room in the morning. NEVER TO USE BEFORE SLEEP.
- Take body massage with stimulating Aroma Oils once in a fortnight with steam detoxification.
- Body scrub with Dead Sea Salt also helps in tissue and muscle relaxation and removes dead cells, dried skin oil and other skin-deep impurities bringing back the lost glow of the skin.
- You may choose a good body spa at a beauty clinic.
Dos and Don’ts for the Brides
- Drink as much water as possible (minimum 5 litres in a day).
- Take fresh fruits and juices and liquid diets.
- No aerated drinks are recommended.
- Avoid fried and heavy foods.
- Keep smiling and have a positive attitude.
P.S –The author of this article is Dr Naresh Arora – a renowned Aromatherapist & Founder of Chase Aromatherapy Cosmetics.